Sponsor & Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
Updated January 3, 2019
Use of Abbreviations
In this document, FBINAA, FBINAA California Chapter, FBINAACC and any other accepted acronym or abbreviation may be used interchangeable. StageOne Management & Events may be referred to as S1M and any reference to either FBINAA and/or S1M will be assumed to cover both unless otherwise stated and the term Show Management will refer to either or both the FBINAA or S1M. Exhibitors and/or Sponsors will be referred to as E&S and the use of this term will refer to both or either Exhibitors or Sponsors.
This document is part of the 2019 FBINAA California Chapter State Conference Exhibitor and/or Sponsorship applications and agreements and these terms & conditions, governing exhibitor and sponsors doing business with FBINAACC and/or S1M and/or any vendor and/or partner of the above.
Assignment of Space
Exhibit space assignments will be based on first-come, first served basis, based on the receipt of completed application & full payment. After the application and payment in full is received by the FBINAACC, the space and location may not be changed, transferred or canceled by the exhibitor without a written request and subsequent concurrence by show management. All exhibit personnel shall be employees of Exhibitor occupying space. Show Management reserves the right to move booth spaces and/or exhibitors as needed to execute a successful show and/or to comply with hotel safety standards and/or local fire code.
E&S registration entitles the registered E&S to attend all functions as outlined in the package purchased by E&S with the exception of any functions posted as "Law Enforcement Only" or private sponsored events. All E&S must wear a name badge at all times during the conference including evening functions. Badges are non-transferable and belong to the person, not the company, that is registered. The FBINAACC will not provide janitorial services for exhibits. Pipe and drape may or may not be provided. E&S is responsible for any and all damage to facility and/or expo rentals including pipe and drape.
Set-up and Failure to Occupy
Set-up and tear-down times will be posted on the FBINAACC website on the conference webpage under the Exhibitor Information tab. Any space not occupied by end of the posted set-up time may be forfeited by Exhibitor without refund. E&S may not tear-down before the published tear-down time without show management approval.
Conference attendance is impossible to guess or know before the conference. For this reason, regardless of any estimates made by FBINAACC, StageOne Events, the Board, their employees or any parties representing any of the afore mentioned groups, no guarantee of attendance numbers or of specific attendees should be inferred or assumed from any statement or marketing material(s). When purchasing a booth, sponsorship or attendance, you agree and understand this to be true.
Use of Exhibit Space
E&S shall arrange their exhibits so they do not obstruct other exhibits. Exhibits shall be arranged so that E&S representatives will be inside the space assigned and not infringe on aisles. Display materials or equipment may not exceed a 3’ side height within 5’ from the front of the exhibit space. We may or may not have pipe and drape. All exhibits must be self-sustaining and free standing (nothing can hang from pipe, drape or hotel walls without prior written approval). All decoration material must be flame-retardant. Exhibit hall fire exits & safety equipment must be left accessible & in full view at all times. Oversize display materials & equipment request must be submitted in writing & pre-approved by the FBINAACC and the hotel at least 30-days prior to the conference.
The FBINAACC reserves the right to prohibit any display or exhibit, or any part of a proposed exhibit, that is deemed not suitable or that is not in accordance with the accepted professional ethics of its attendees and members.
In the event of a cancellation by an Exhibitor, an assessment shall be charged as follows:
In the event of a cancellation, it is understood that the FBINAACC has the right to reassign or re-sell space regardless of fees assessed.
- 50% of exhibit fee once registered
- 100% of exhibit fee is cancelled within 90 days of set-up
- Sponsorships are non-refundable
It is further agreed that the S&E will abide by, and comply with, rules and regulations concerning local unions having agreements with the show facility and/or authorized contractors employed by the show management.
Acts of God
In the event that the premises in which the exhibit hall was to be conducted shall become, in the sole discretion of the FBINAACC, unfit for occupancy, or has been substantially interfered with by reason of any cause or causes not reasonably within the control of the FBINAACC, this agreement may be terminated by the FBINAACC. For this purpose the terms “cause" or "causes" shall include but not by way of any limitation, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion or accident, blockage, embargo, inclement weather, government restraints, restraints or orders of civil defense or military authorities, riot or civil disturbance, strike, lockout boycott or other labor disturbance, inability to secure sufficient labor, failure, impairment or lack of adequate transportation, requisition or commandeering of necessary supplies or equipment by local, state, or federal law, ordinance, rule, order or decree or regulation, legislative, executive or judicial, and whether constitutional or an act of God.
Should the FBINAACC terminate this agreement pursuant to the provisions of this agreement, the E&S waives any and all claims for damages and agrees that the FBINAACC may, after computing the total amount refundable to all E&S (the amount by which the total amount of fees paid by all Exhibitors exceeds the total amount of the FBINAACC costs and expenses in connection with the preparation for conducting the show, including reasonable reserve for claims and other contingencies), refund to the E&S, as and for complete settlement and discharge of all said E&S claims and demands.
The E&S indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless the FBINAACC, S1M, the host hotel or venue and their officers, directors, owner, employees and agents, from and against any actions, losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising from any damage to property or bodily injury to E&S, his agents, representatives, employees by reason of the E&S occupancy or use of the exhibition facilities.
Unless agreed to by the FBINAACC, no product demonstrations or solicitations shall be permitted outside the E&S assigned space and no signs or placards may be displayed on persons or otherwise outside the exhibit spaces.
The Exhibitor assumes all responsibility for compliance with all pertinent ordinances, regulations, and codes of duly authorized local, State, and Federal governing bodies concerning fire safety and health, together with the rules and regulations of the host hotel or venue and those of the FBINAACC.
Changes and Corrections
The information in this document and on the FBINAACC website is believed to be accurate and true. If a mistake is found or brought to our attention, we will correct it as quickly as possible. The dates, times, availability of spaces and sponsorship items may be changed or updated at anytime. Changes and corrections to the information in this document do not release the Applicant and/or E&S from any obligation under this agreement.
Exhibitor, Sponsor & Vendor Code of Conduct
All Exhibitors, Sponsors and Vendors that attend FBINAACC functions agree to the following:
- Only paid E&S, in their assigned exhibit space, shall be permitted to solicit business and/or hand out literature within the host venue(s).
- E&S shall be limited to designated areas for the purpose of soliciting and/or business transactions. No soliciting of any form in the General Session area will be allowed.
- Professional displays are encouraged. Space visible to the public and/or your neighboring exhibitors must be finished attractively.
- Undue noise or unseemly methods of demonstrations made in the operation of exhibits will not be tolerated. Sound levels of sound amplification equipment must not interfere with any other persons. The FBINAACC may terminate the use of any such equipment or methods. The final decision of what constitutes undue noise and unseemly methods shall rest with the venue, show management and the FBINAACC.
- The E&S shall conduct their business in a professional and reputable manner and ensure any exhibit is adequately staffed.
- The E&S shall comply with all federal, state, provincial and municipal codes and laws as well as any and all venue, association and/or management imposed restrictions.
- E&S shall not make false or malicious statement(s) that may injure the professional reputation of another S&E, the venue, the FBINAACC or the show management.
- E&S advertising shall be neither false nor in any way misleading.
- E&S recognize that other members will compete for business within lawful practice.
- Exhibit spaces shall be manned by registered agents of the E&S during all times when the Exhibit Hall is officially open.
- Any and all complaints regarding an E&S are to be made in writing, addressed to the show management and/or StageOne Events, and delivered to the Trade Show Registration Desk or mailed/emailed to StageOne Events. Allegations of violations of this Code of Conduct shall be resolved according to the FBINAACC’s Procedures for Handling Allegations of Conduct Violations. Exhibitors are asked not to confront each other regarding complaints.
- StageOne Events and the FBINAACC shall interpret this Code of Conduct and resolve areas of conflict as they occur. Frequent or flagrant violations of any of the above regulations can result in E&S being barred from future participation at FBINAACC sponsored events and functions.
Procedures for Handling Allegations of Conduct Violations
Any and all complaints regarding an E&S are to be made in writing, addressed to the Trade Show Manager, StageOne Events as soon as possible. The complaint must fully state the cause of the complaint. Complaints will be managed in the following manor:
- Complaints will not be considered from third parties who have not dealt with the parties of whom the complaint is made.
- Upon receipt of a written complaint the Trade Show Manager will acknowledge receipt of the complaint, within a reasonable time, and will detail the procedure to be followed.
- Once the Trade Show Manager has examined the facts and believes there is a valid complaint a report will be made to the FBINAACC Board summarizing the facts of the complaint. These members will review the facts and decide if there is a breach of regulations, and if this is the case, will make a recommendation as to what action is to be taken.
- If an E&S against whom the complaint has been made does not comply with this procedure or any reasonable requirement of the Trade Show Manager and/or the MCLE, then the Trade Show Manager shall be entitled to proceed without them and draw whatever conclusions are reasonable from the available facts.
- If a complaint is dismissed then the matter will remain confidential.
- If a breach of regulations becomes known to the Trade Show Manager or FBINAACC, the Trade Show Manager or FBINAACC shall have power to act of its own volition even if no complaint has been received.
- Appeals Procedure: E&S who disagree with actions taken as a result of rule violations may appeal to the FBINAACC within 30 days of receipt of notice.